Saturday, November 07, 2009

New Blog Post

Ok, maybe that last blog entry was a bit of a joke. I have been up to a little bit over the last several months. I keep coming up with important thoughts that I mean to include here, but of course I never write any of them down, so I can't remember most of them.

More about books: During my MBA time I did a lot of reading, but it was nearly all textbooks and case studies. So after I graduated I decided to shift focus to novels. I began by reading Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game and it's accompanying 7 or 8 sequels. Next I read a varied smattering of science fiction-ish stuff by Robert Heinlein, Ray Bradbury, Arther C. Clark, Robert Sawyer, and Michael Crichton. Then I read a bunch of books by Dean Koontz, definitely too formulaic. And most recently I finished up the 6 Alvin Maker books, again by Orson Scott Card. Oh, and somewhere in there I read that horribly unreadable drivel by Dan Brown called The Lost Symbol. I don't know how Dan Brown can feel good about that half-thought-out pseudo-novel. Anyway, I think I've averaged one book every four days for the last five months.

Has anyone noticed that there have been no good movies Lately?
I recently watched Corpse Bride for the first time. Did you know that it was 'filmed' with a Canon dSLR still Camera? I also recently watched a funny documentary called The King of Kong. Arcade people are so weird. I'll stick to Zelda II - The Adventures of Link on the NES emulator on my laptop; because that's so much cooler than playing Donkey Kong...right?. And a few months ago a saw Slumdog Millionaire. I had heard from all these people that it was super intense and disturbing etc. I found it to be kind of a letdown and somewhat predictable.

I don't like getting my hair cut. I have yet to find a place in AZ that can even do a decent job, let alone a good job. Maybe I should get a perm.

Have you ever noticed that blogs are more fun and interesting when they have pictures?

Me and the kids have been watching The Muppet Show recently. It's so funny to watch them laugh at it. We've watched the first 18 episodes so far. The funniest part to me is that practically all of the guest stars are people I've never heard of before. It's weird to think that Jim Henson died almost 20 years ago.

The other day I was starting to feel really nostalgic for Canada. Then I remembered the whole French language thing, and the nostalgia quickly evaporated.

Today we went to the Phoenix Zoo for the opening of the new Komodo Dragon exhibit. It was fun to see the backs of the heads of all the people that were looking at the komodo dragons.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I veto the perm!

Laurel said...

you are very funny and would be even funnier with a perm! I dare you.

Brittany Anne said...

Oh my gosh, you NEED to get a perm. That would jut be amazing. I'll give you one when you are here next week. I am SO excited to hang out with you and your family again. You really are so awesome and funny. I'm glad you're such a reader. I read maybe an average of 1 1/2 books a month, and I think THAT is a lot. Dan Brown's last book was a let down. Are dragon's real?

Jimmy Jeong said...

One perm please.