Monday, December 22, 2008

Concerts

Janelle's post about Christmas music got me thinking about concerts I've been to.

The first one was an Amy Grant Concert I went to with my mom in 1989. I was 12, and I didn't know any better.

The next concert that I recall attending wouldn't have been until I was about 16 in 1993 or so when I saw the Rolling Stones on the Voodoo Lounge tour.

After that it's kind of a blur. I saw about 50 bands in the following 3 or 4 years. Some of those included: Green Day, the Offspring, Bad Religion, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Steely Dan, I Mother Earth, the Tea Party, Collective Soul, Silverchair, Junkhouse, the Watchmen, Everclear, The Riverdales, Rhymes with Orange, Zucherbaby, Dodgy, the Philosopher Kings, the Afghan Wigs, Jewel, April Wine, Neil Young, Finger Eleven, Earth Crisis, etc etc etc. If you haven't heard of some of those it's because their Canadian.

Then in the summer of 2000 I went to the Warped tour where I saw Green Day again, as a well as NOFX, Pappa Roach, the Long Beach Dub All Stars, and a whole bunch of less memorable bands

Since then my concert-going activities have been much more sparse. I saw Def Leppard about 3 years ago. I saw the Beach Boys around that same time. That was fun. I went to Styx & Boston here in Phoenix just a few month ago. That was kind of fun too. I've meant to go to several more that didn't work out -mostly because I'm way too busy. I'd still like to see Bon Jovi, Elton John, AC/DC, Paul McCartney, Muse, Pearl Jam, and a few others.

That's my concert history in a nutshell.

2 comments:

Brittany Anne said...

I'm jealous- mom never took ME to see Amy Grant!
My first concert was Anna Nalick (oct 05) then Franz Ferdinad(nov 05), then Celine Dion in Vegas(nov 05)! I went to Regina Spektor(oct 07) and Billy Joel(nov 07)! I saw N'Sync do a couple songs at an Olympic cerimony in 2002 also. Let's see throughout 2006 & 2007, while Beth was dating a band member from Kid Theodore, I went to lots and lots and lots of local shows- KT, The Brobecks, St. Vincent, Good Morning Maxfield, etc...

And in February, I'm going to see Celine Dion again! Woo hoo!

psm I'd love to see Elton John, so let's go together!

Bray said...

I win for worst "concert been to list!"
Amy Grant
Lionel Ritchie
Diana Ross
Dionne Warwick
Janet Jackson
Dixie Chicks
Hillary Duff
Josh Groban (Amazing, best concert I have been to but thats not saying much)

What is my problem I need to get out more!