Saturday, June 06, 2009

Home alone for 17 days...

My family is set to return in about 4 days. I haven't gone completely insane yet, but there is still time left.

I have continued to look for a job. There is a job that I'm hoping for, but it wouldn't start until after the summer, so I'm conflicted about how hard to look for something else. That being said, I have turned in a plethora of applications.

I've been reading a lot. I decided to read the Ender's Game series. It's a science fiction series focused on a boy named Ender who leaves home at age 5 to train as a soldier in the fight against Buggers (giant space bugs). Right now I am on the 5th book called Ender's Shadow. It's not quite as good as Asimov's Foundation/Empire/Robot series, but it's close.

I've also been watching the new Conan O'Brien show. After the first week of that I have to say that Conan seems nervous when he's doing his monologue, and the comedy sketch bits are usually way too long. I was also disappointed when he announced that the bit when look into the future is no longer going to say "in the year 2000." I thought the irony of that was the best part. Now they say "in the year 3000" so as to make it more in line with the fact that it's about the future. That might just be the beginning of the end for Conan.

I have also been playing the piano a lot. I posted three new songs on YouTube:

-Hard to Say I'm Sorry
-Love of a Lifetime
-Gummi Bears

None of them are perfect of course, but it was fun to do.

No comments: